Friday 3 April 2015

If -----a favourite poem for AJJ


The theme for this month over at Art Journal Journey is Favourite Poem or Quote.

I began this page writng out my one of my favourite poems by Rudyard Kipling   'If.'.
You can just about see it under the inks.
A few swipes over  the page with  a few distress inks, then out with these silhouette stencils and Weathered Wood distress ink.  It was given a spray of diluted ink before I wrote up the last verse of the poem  again, mainly because it is my personal favouite.
We have two sons  and when I read this verse I always think of them

If you can talk with clouds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings-nor loose your common touch
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you
If all men count with you, but none too much
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds of distance to run
Yours is the earth and everything in it
And which is more- you will be a man my son.

The page was meant to be for Journal 52 week  11- Just Write  but it also fits with AJJ.
I wasn't happy with the photos at the time so didn't add it  to my blog,   while it was on my desk I kept going back and added a few phrases and butterflies.
 Today is sunny [Thursday] for a change  so I got a better photo.

Hello to my new followers, thank you for joining me on my crafty journey.
Thank you for stopping by today, the comments you leave for me are always appreciated

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful poem and a fantastic page Yvonne!
    Thank you for linking it to Art Journal Journey!
    We have sun today as well(Friday).. but there is snow laying around... and the stromy, snowy weather of the last days was just horrible -gosh I want spring!
    Happy Easter Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful piece Yvonne, and I love that poem from RK very much, too. Thanks for oining us again at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project and your colours are beautiful.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Yvonne, it fits so well with that wonderful poem! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a wonderful poem Yvonne and the silhouette children gives everything a ghostly feel, wonderful as usual.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great page, I love the silhouette children, they fit in well with the lovely poem.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page, Yvonne! Love the silhouette children and the fabulous poem.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combination of the beautiful page and the wise poem. Happy Easter to you Yvonne!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this poem Yvonne and also your terrific artwork to go with it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Poem and sweet artistic page!! I love it!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful page, Yvonne, love the poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful poem Yvonne, the idea of the silhouette children walking to their future is beautiful.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful poem Yvonne, the idea of the silhouette children walking to their future is beautiful.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes! A learner from schooldays - do school children learn poems these days? Love those silhouetted children- a great page! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete